Who we are
Iyengar Yoga Napa Valley
Our website address is: https://iynv.com/
Are you required to supply us with your personal data?
Sometimes we have to have your personal data in order to interact with you. Supplying some personal information is essential to purchasing products or services from us, or using the website. If you do not provide the requested data in those instances, you will not be able to purchase any products or services from us. You may lose some functionality when interacting with our website.
Your privacy is very important to us
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
What personal data we collect
We may collect the following data from you:
- Records of your visits to the site, through cookies and otherwise (which records may include: traffic data; location information; logs; information about your computer or mobile device such as if applicable your IP address, operating system, mobile carrier, or device identifying information)
- Records of correspondence between us and you
- Comments, posts, or other data you upload to our site (for example, in the comments section of our blog posts).
- Information you provide by completing forms on our website or in our products and services (for example, information you provide when subscribing to our newsletters or contacting us)
Sometimes the reason for collection will be obvious (such as when you give us your email address to allow us to contact you). When it is not, we will describe to you at the time of collection the purpose for collecting the data and if possible ask for your consent.
We do not intentionally collect sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data is data of the kind regulated by Article 9 or Article 10 of the GDPR, such as personal identity numbers; financial account information; information concerning racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious, philosophical, or other beliefs; membership in trade unions or professional or trade associations; physical or mental health information; biometric data; genetic data; data concerning sexual activity or orientation; or data concerning criminal records or suspected criminal activity. But, if you provide us with sensitive personal data, whether through the website or through any of our products or services, you explicitly consent to our use and processing of that personal data.
Also, we do not intentionally collect personal data from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years of age, and to the extent reasonably possible we take steps to verify that you are a legal adult when we collect data from you. By using our website, products, or services, and by submitting any data to us, you warrant that you are eighteen years of age or older.
How do we use data we collect from you?
We use the data we collect from you to provide information, services, or products you have requested or purchased, and to allow you to interact with us and the website.
This may include sending you emails from time to time; these emails always contain either information you have requested or that you have consented to receive, or information we have a legitimate interest in delivering (such as notices of product changes). You can always unsubscribe from any email list by clicking the indicated link in the email.
When applicable we analyze this information to improve our website, improve the products and services we provide, and to protect us and you from malicious web activity. We may share this information with third parties. Those third parties and their respective privacy policies are as follows:
- Google Analytics (https://policies.google.com/privacy)
How long do we keep your data?
In general, we keep your data only as long as necessary to provide the service or product you requested. If you are our customer who has an account or purchase a product from us, we will keep the data connected to your account until you ask us to delete or destroy it. This is in order to help us remember information about previous interactions with you (for example, email correspondence or in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations). Ordinarily, if your account is inactive, your data will only be stored so that the account can be reactivated in the future, and your data will not be processed for any other purpose. You can ask us to delete or destroy your data at any time by following the procedures outlined in this policy, but if we do not have certain information about you, it may be impossible for us to provide any products or services to you.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Where is your data stored?
We are a business located in the United States, in the state of California. When we store your data, it is stored in the United States.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Also, data we collect may be transferred internationally by us to our international partners. During the course of business of providing you a service(s) or products.
What rights do you have with respect to your personal data?
You have a right to know if we have any of your personal data and to have access to that data, and you have the right to have any incorrect personal data corrected. If you have given us consent to have or use your data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You also have the right to have your personal data deleted or to transport your data.
You may email Jaki at firstname.lastname@example.org , to exercise any of these rights.